Blue is the new red
This time I wanted to create a different card/tag for Valentine's, in the name of lo-o-o-ve.
I wanted to use a white tag and make a background from scratch, with gesso, masks, modelling paste, stamps and random splash of colours.
I wanted to expand the boundaries of associating love cards with red or pink, thus I went with pastel blue, green, beige. The palette of the tag turned to be:
Just to name a few:
* Old book pages, torn - the beauty of the old pages - they are already yellow. There is no need to soak them in tea or coffee, it is a "plug & play", or rather "tear & play" solution.
* Dies - Dixie, Joanna Sheen, Brenda Walton (medallions, not shown) and no name, a great mix
* Banners - from Søstrene Grene - a Danish paradise for a scrapper
* Flowers - turquoise collection from Panduro
* White wrapping paper. The one, that follows with a new pair of shoes. Thus, if I run out of this one, I guess I have an eligible excuse to get a new pair, right?
Not shown, due to lack of space - Tim Holtz Distress ink pads were used to create a wonderful background palette on the tag.
Too many photos in this post, here is one more, a close up :-)
I am entering this tag for:Creative Artiste's Challenge 23