Slightly off season, however, if there is a little guy on his way in December, he certainly deserves a "Welcome to this world" card.
I have always wanted to try the popular shaker card and this occasion seems to suit perfectly. Shaker cards can be any shape - round, square, star. This particular one is round. I cut the smallest diameter in the 6x6" paper and glued the sheet onto the brown cartridge paper. Blue and brown are always a winner combination. Afterwards, I put foam sticker pads around the circle.
I chose to put a small sticker of the air balloon, clouds and blue sequins inside. One could choose a stamped statement, beads, buttons, different background paper or any other embellishment.
In order to seal the sequins, I cut two different sizes circles and a plast cover, put them like a sandwich - circle, plast, circle and the die cut of the starts on top, with glitter stickles. Layers are glued together.
I have already started using the cartridge paper block, thus I decided to re-use the cover:
The finished card is embellished with paper flowers, doily, leaves die cuts and a single cabochon.
Materials (selectin of):
* Paper flowers, sequins, cabochon - Ebay
* Cartridge paper and water colour pads - Flying Tiger
* Air balloon and clouds stickers - Panduro
* Design paper 6x6" - Ebay, "Sweet Dreams" collection
* Leave dies, Star circle die - Ebay
* Doily die, Circle die - Sizzix Thinlits 661497, Sizzix Framelits Circles
Thank you for reading, have a lovely day ahead!